Emerson Creek Pottery Outlet Store
Effective immediately our Outlet Store will be closed until April 1st. Closure may extend beyond this date. Customers can keep up to date on our Facebook Page. Everyone please stay safe and healthy.
Our outlet store remains surrounded by fields and forests with distant views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It’s a great place to buy discounted pottery, each of the pieces are 30-60% off retail prices. We sell seconds, overstock, and more! Located 30 minutes from Smith Mountain Lake and Lynchburg, 45 minutes from Roanoke and the Blue Ridge Parkway and 10 minutes from the town of Bedford.
Summer Hours (April 1 – December 31): Tues – Sat 10am – 4pm
Winter Hours (January 1 – March 31): Fri & Sat 10am – 4pm
*Always Closed on Monday & Sunday
Emerson Creek Pottery’s outlet store is located in a hand-hewn log house built in 1825 by the Wade Family. The Wade House offers a cozy setting for shopping and provides a glimpse into an early Virginia home, featuring three stone fireplaces, worn wood floors and hand-hewn timbers.
Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, Emerson Creek Pottery artisans are continuing the American tradition of handmade ceramic pottery making in a contemporary way. The property on which Emerson Creek Pottery sits was originally a 500-acre land grant from the King of England. In 1825, Silas Wade acquired the land and built his two room, and two story log cabin, now the home of Emerson Creek Pottery. To the north are the majestic Peaks of Otter, visible through the treetops in winter. The land rolls gently away from the house to the creek beds. Shop here on our website, and if you’re ever in Virginia, please come visit our store.
Every step of our pottery operation, which began in 1977 by owner Jim Leavitt, is completed on-site in Bedford, Virginia. Each piece goes through multiple steps, interchanging hands numerous times. Read more about how we make our handcrafted ceramics >>
More information about this historic home can be found in the Virginia Room of the Roanoke City Library in Roanoke, Virginia.